Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Big Picture

Well, I finally got to sit down and talk to Lisa and Adrienne for a few minutes about the community arts center and how it fits into Far Corners. They are totally on board to have it be a branch of FCCMT! This is great news for me. It means I don't have to start my own non-profit from scratch. So basically I can work with their board and do all the fundraising through them! I'm incredibly excited right now. Also, they invited me to their next board meeting which should be sometime in the next week to start talking through ideas and goals. This might actually happen!

Here are some pictures of the space we are currently using for our show that in my mind, as well as Lisa's, is slowly transforming into our community arts center.

The  storefront

Our HUGE space! Will eventually be our mainstage theater!

Right side of our future lobby

Left side of our future lobby

View from our storefront. This is the rest of the Centro Comercial de Monteverde.

Upstairs room! Future visual art gallery/studio space.


studio space

more studio space

more of the previous studio

dance studio!

really big dance studio! (same as above)

pretty clouds :)

the barista at our favorite coffee shop loves us :)

So basically we'd have our mainstage theater downstairs with four upstairs rooms that we can convert into various types of studios. I imagine the farthest back one to be a dance studio, the front one to be for visual art because it has a ton of natural light and could very easily look nice as an art gallery, and the other two could be for acting and music respectively.

I'm so excited about this space and that Lisa and Adrienne are on board to have it be part of Far Corners!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment